Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Sea You Soon ft. Trinity Stamps

Hello, thank you so much for joining me. Today, I want to share a one-layered card I created using some fantastic products from Trinity Stamps. 

I started with a fresh cardstock panel that I trimmed down to 4.25" by 5.50". I like using alcohol-friendly cardstock such as Neenah Solar White because it's very smooth, which makes Copic coloring a breeze. When creating a one-layered card, I want to map out the placement of the selected stamps before I stamp it on the main card panel. Doing this will give me a better visual of the exact placement. 

Going in with the adorable Sea You Soon stamp from Trinity Stamps; I stamped the image first on my card panel using alcohol-friendly ink. My favorite is Memento because it's fast drying and doesn't smear. I also stamped that same image onto masking paper. This adorable image will be the primary image in my foreground. So, when using the masking technique, everything that's stamped will look like it's in the background. 

After placing the masking paper over the mermaid, I started stamping all the other images. I did the same thing and masked each image with masking paper. I then went in with Trinity Stamp-Moon Layers stencil and added that onto the upper right-hand corner. I love how easy this is to create a realistic moon. It took less than 3 minutes!

Now that everything is masked off, I went in with the amazing Blending Buddy from Trinity Stamps and inked blend a background scene in the open areas. I like using these brushes because they fit comfortably in the hands and blend ink onto cardstock like a dream! 

I sprayed a sparkle spray over the sea to add some shimmer and shine. As well as added a few stamped images using the Sea Life Silhouettes stamp set from Trinity Stamps. 

I used Trinity Stamps-October Night Sky stencil to create the clouds in the scene. I know this is a Halloween-themed stencil, but I like to stretch out my supplies and get the most out of it all. 

After removing the masking paper, I used Copic markers to color all the opened images. I then added white paint to give the sea some life and texture. The sentiment was heat embossed using WOW! Embossing Powder in the color Opaque Bright White. 

And that is it! I hope you enjoyed the card, and I hope to see you next time! Please visit me on YouTube and Instagram, where I share videos, cards, and reels. 

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Theary Chea 

CHECK OUT THE SHORT REEL HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gladiola Blossom and Leaves Featuring Memory Box

 Hello there, It's Theary here. I'm back on the blog. Today, I want to share a card I created for a dear friend using the beautiful ...