Thursday, June 30, 2022

Spotlight Technique Using Ink Blot Shop

Hello there!

It's Theary back on the blog today. I have a fun card technique to share with you today. It's my take on the spotlight technique. The spotlight technique highlights a design element on your card front, and I decided to twist it up by emphasizing the background scene. So, instead of putting color on my stamped image, I only added color to the background scene. I am leaving an untouched stamped image which I think looks fantastic.

I stamped one of the images from the Botanical Borders set from Ink Blot Shop with black ink onto a mini slim line size cardstock. The alignment guide was helpful here, as it centered my image onto the card stock without all the headache. I also stamped that same image onto masking paper.


Later, I fussy cut the image from the masking paper and placed that over the stamped image. Putting the masking paper here will help protect against the ink blending I will work on next.


After applying the masking paper to the image, I used a blending brush and blended the background scene with some dye inks. I then splattered some gold and white paint onto the card panel.


I heat embossed a sentiment from the Solid Saying set with gold embossing powder on black cardstock. I then trimmed down the sentiment into two sections.


I created a black mat behind my card front and adhered the two using liquid adhesive. Then, I adhered the sentiments using foam squares from Thermo-Web onto the front of the card panel.


I added a few iridescent embellishments here and there to finish the card and attached it to a side folding card base. And, that's it! The card is complete!


I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day!
Theary Chea


Come and visit me on INSTAGRAM and YOUTUBE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gladiola Blossom and Leaves Featuring Memory Box

 Hello there, It's Theary here. I'm back on the blog. Today, I want to share a card I created for a dear friend using the beautiful ...