Monday, June 27, 2022

How I Swatch My Embossing Powders

Hello there!
I wanted to share a short clip of how I swatch my embossing powders. I don’t have many, but I have a few, and swatching the colors makes it easier for me to decide which one to use when I am creating. My method might not be ideal for everybody, but it works out great for me. 


The embossing swatch that I made is on white and black cardstock. That is because those are the most used colors in my craft room. You can always adjust it to your preference, though. 


I started by trimming down my cardstock to 1-inch x 8.5-inch strips. I like using my favorite paper trimmer. This trimmer is so easy to use, and it’s safer to have around my young kids, as it cuts on a roller instead of a guillotine style. 

I then adhered the black and white cardstock strips to double-sided adhesive sheets. I like the one from scrapbook.com because it’s a reasonable price and it works well. 


I then went in with my circle punch and cut out a circle, ensuring that the white and black card stock strip was evenly cut in half. You can easily see it through the bottom of the circle punch. I prefer using a circle punch over a die because I can cut lots of circles quickly without running it through my die-cutting machine multiple times. It can get tiring. 


Once I  cut out the circles, I removed one side of the adhesive backing and laid that side directly into the embossing powder I wanted to swatch. I like using a tweezer to remove the circle out of the embossing powder and use it to protect my hands during heat setting.  


After it cooled down from getting hot and melted, I applied a strong adhesive to the bottom of the circle swatch and adhered it to the base of my embossing powder container. 


I store my embossing powders upside down with the swatch on the bottom of the container. That’s because I like having the company’s label viewable when I need to reference it. But, if that doesn’t bother you, you can surely adhere to the top of the cap instead. 


And that’s it! Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you stop by my other accounts on YouTube and Instagram. 




Have a wonderfully blessed day, 
Theary Chea

Products used:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Gladiola Blossom and Leaves Featuring Memory Box

 Hello there, It's Theary here. I'm back on the blog. Today, I want to share a card I created for a dear friend using the beautiful ...